STUDY IN CHINA
Haikou University of Economics
International Student Enrollment Guide Chinese Language Training Class Haikou University of Economics
Haikou University of Economics (HUE), located in Jiangdong new district of Haikou, the core start-up construction area of Hainan Pilot Free Trade Zone (Port), is a private university based on undergraduate programmes covering such specific academic ranges as economics, management, engineering, literature, the arts and education, etc. Founded in 1974, HUE consists of 14 colleges and schools with 47 undergraduate programmes, recruiting students from 27 provinces nationwide. There are currently 23,000 full-time students in the school campus. HUE boasts of beautiful campus environment, with well-equipped teaching facilities and professional experimental laboratories. The school library has a collection of more than 1.422 million hard copy books and 2.048 million electronic books; cultural and sports facilities are complete with gymnasium, swimming pools, concert halls, stadium, as well as qualified development training base. HUE is an ideal academic and living centre for young students both home and abroad.
In order to promote education exchange, Haikou University has set up a Chinese Language Training Class for international students. Students of this class who pass the Chinese language proficiency test of HSK4, after one year (or less) training, can apply for government scholarship or school scholarship and continue their study in certain undergraduate programmes in Haikou University of Economics.
Teaching Course Overview
1. Course levels: elementary and intermediate. Students are divided into two classes, elementary and intermediate, according to their Chinese level.
2. Target proficiency: the elementary Chinese class focuses on the training of basic Chinese language and the achievement of HSK2 level after the completion of the course. While continuing to consolidate the basic Chinese language knowledge, the intermediate Chinese class also strengthens the improvement of reading and writing ability in order that the students could pass HSK4 level after the completion of the course.
3. Period of schooling: one academic year/ one semester.
4. Curriculum setting: systematic teaching of Chinese language is carried out by combining listening, speaking, reading, writing and comprehensive courses. Meanwhile, Chinese culture study or practical language activities are arranged accordingly.
More than 20 class hours from Monday to Friday will be arranged in each week and auxiliary classes added at times according to teaching requirement. There is extracurricular activity once or twice a week (Chinese corner) as a supplement for further enrichment of language practice.
Foreign students who are healthy, well-behaved, with no criminal record, willing to abide by the Chinese laws and school regulations, and respect Chinese people's customs and habits are qualified to apply for scholarship to study in the Chinese Language Training Class.
Time for Application
Students may apply and register at any time and no registration and enrollment fees will be charged.
Students may choose to begin their study either from early March or from early September of the year.
1. Online application or application in person :
① Online registration: please send an email to email@example.com to ask for "application form for international students of Haikou University of Economics", and send it back after completion;
② Registration in person: come to the Office of International Exchange and Cooperation of HUE and fill in the "application form for international students of Haikou University of Economics";
2. Please send the following application materials to the above email address (the application materials will not be returned regardless of admission approval):
① Copies of applicant's passport or identity document;
② Copies of guarantor's identity document issued by the guarantor or institution;
③ One bareheaded, white-background, electronic photo of recent passport.
Students who has the intention to apply for government scholarship and continue their study in undergraduate programmes in HUE, after Chinese Language Training Class study with HSK4 examination results, are required to provide high school graduation (grade 12) certificates and school transcripts.
International students who have confirmed their admission shall go through the admission process according to the following procedures with the Admission Letter issued by HUE school authority:
1.Fill in the "registration form for international students of Haikou University of Economics";
2.Submit the original copy of the highest academic degree and passport;
3.Foreign students holding non-residence permit visa should submit the health check report (gained through the aid of the school authority)and apply for a residence permit within 30 days after entry;
4.Applicant under the age of 18 should provide the original notarial certificate, a copy of his/her valid birth certificate and a translation (with the seal of the translation company affixed), guardian's passport and identity certificate;
5.Submit two bareheaded, white-background photos of recent passport;
6. Pay for the tuition fee, textbook and accommodation fee of the first semester as well as the medical insurance premium by cash in Chinese currency on the first day of school.
Scholarship and Tuition Fees
HUE maintains 20 full scholarships for one-year Chinese language training class every year, which are awarded to students who are most qualified and apply in advance. The annual tuition fee of 16,000 Yuan CNY is thus waived.
The school also provides half-scholarship, waiver of 50% of the school tuition fee, for students who fail to obtain the full scholarship. Students get half-scholarship may pay only 8,000 Yuan CNY for the academic year (4,000 Yuan per semester).
Accommodation fee, Textbook Cost and Insurance Premium
The school provides four-person occupancy dormitory with toilet, independent writing desk, bed, air conditioner, water heater, washing machine, water dispenser, electric fan, some bedding and etc. The accommodation fee is 2,400 Yuan CNY per person per academic year (1,200 Yuan per semester). Students are also required to pay for their own textbooks and other teaching materials as well as medical insurance premium.
1. Students who drop out of school due to reasons not related with the school within one week after school begins will be entitled to get a refund of 70% of the tuition fee. Students can get a refund of 50% of the tuition fee if the withdrawal application is made within two weeks after the semester commences. The tuition fee will not be refunded if the withdrawal application is made after two weeks of the semester.
2. Students who have to quit school due to illness or family reasons may apply in written form for one year suspension of school and resume school study afterwards.
School address: Haikou University of Economics
No.1001, Haitao Avenue, Guilinyang University Town,
Email address for application and registration:
Mr. Li: 751048745 @qq.com
Website of HUE：http://www.hkc.edu.cn
Website of the Office of International Exchange and Cooperation, HUE: http://sf.hkc.edu.cn/web/jlhz/