STUDY IN CHINA
International Student Enrollment Guide
Chinese Language Training Class
Haikou University of Economics
Haikou University of Economics (HUE), located in Jiangdong new district of Haikou, the core start-up construction area of Hainan Pilot Free Trade Zone (Port), is a private university based on undergraduate programmes covering such specific academic ranges as economics, management, engineering, literature, the arts and education, etc. Founded in 1974, HUE consists of 12 colleges and schools with 47 undergraduate programmes, recruiting students from 27 provinces nationwide. There are currently 24,000 full-time students in the school campus. HUE boasts of beautiful campus environment, with well-equipped teaching facilities and professional experimental laboratories. The school library has a collection of more than 1.524 million hard copy books and 1.9 million electronic books; cultural and sports facilities are complete with gymnasium, swimming pools, concert halls, stadium, as well as qualified development training base. HUE is an ideal academic and living centre for young students both home and abroad.
In order to promote education exchange, Haikou University has set up a Chinese Language Training Class for international students. Students of this class who pass the Chinese language proficiency test of HSK4,after one year (or less)training, can apply for government scholarship or university scholarship and continue their study in certain undergraduate programmes in Haikou University of Economics.
Teaching Course Overview
1. Course levels: elementary and intermediate. Students are divided into two classes, elementary and intermediate, according to their Chinese level.
2. Period of schooling: one academic year/ one semester.
3. Target proficiency: Target proficiency: the elementary Chinese class focuses on the training of basic Chinese language knowledge, and the achievement of HSK2 level after the completion of the course. While continuing to consolidate the basic Chinese language knowledge, the intermediate Chinese class also strengthens the improvement of reading and writing ability in order that the students could pass HSK4 level after the completion of course.
4. Curriculum setting: systematic teaching of Chinese language is carried out by combining listening, speaking, reading, writing and comprehensive courses. Meanwhile, Chinese culture study or practical language activities are arranged accordingly.
More than 20 class hours from Monday to Friday will be arranged in each week and auxiliary classes added at times according to teaching requirement. There is extracurricular activity once or twice a week (Chinese corner) as a supplement for further enrichment of language practice.
Foreign students who are healthy, well-behaved, with no criminal record, willing to abide by the Chinese laws and school regulations, and respect Chinese people's customs and habits are qualified to apply for scholarship to study in the Chinese Language Training Class.
Time for Application
Students may apply and register at any time and no registration or enrollment fees will be charged.
The elementary class is from March to June and the intermediate class is from September to December. The Chinese level of the students enrolled in September is better to reach HSK level 2.
Please send the following application materials to email@example.com (the application materials will not be returned regardless of admission approval):
1. Application Form for International Students of Haikou University of Economics(please ask for this form by contacting the above email address or coming to the Office of International Exchange and Cooperation of HUE)
2. Copies of applicant's passport or identity document;
3. One bareheaded, white-background, electronic photo of recent passport.
4. Scanning copies of High school(or Vocational school) graduation certificate and transcripts.
5. A certificate of medical examination within six months (in English or Chinese).
6.Students who has the intention to apply for government scholarship and continue their study in undergraduate programmes in HUE after Chinese Language Training Class study with HSK4 examination results, are required to provide NOTARIZED high school graduation certificates and school transcripts.
International students who have confirmed their admission shall go through the admission process according to the following procedures with the Admission Letter issued by HUE authority:
- 1.Hand in 4 bareheaded, white-background photos (3.3*4.8cm);
- 2.On the first day of your arrival, please hand in the textbook fee(600 RMB), insurance fee(580-800 RMB/year) and dormitory fee.
HUE provides students 2 types of dormitory.
Type 1: Dormitory of 4 persons/room, including bathroom, separate writing desk, bed, air conditioner, water heater, washing machine, water dispenser, fan, etc. The dormitory fee is 2,800 RMB per person/year.
Type 2: Hotel standard two beds room with an open kitchen counter, which provides microwave oven, wardrobe, bathroom, separate writing desk, bed, air conditioner, water heater, water dispenser and fan, etc. The dormitory fee is 5,600 RMB per person/year.
Scholarship and Tuition Fees
HUE maintains 20 full scholarships for one-year Chinese language training class every year, which are awarded to students who are most qualified and apply in advance. The annual tuition fee of 19,000 RMB is thus waived.
HUE provides half-scholarship, waiver of 50% of the tuition fee, for students who fail to obtain the full scholarship. Students get half-scholarship may only pay 9,500 RMB for the academic year (4,750 RMB per semester).
HUE provides special scholarships for overseas Chinese descendants. The scholarship is provided by the government of Hainan Province to support Chinese Language study for overseas Chinese. The waived fees include: tuition (19,000 RMB/year), dormitory (2,800 RMB/year), textbook, insurance and medical examination. Students applying for this scholarship must be outstanding students who also meet the above-mentioned basic requirements.
Note：The Chinese Language Training Class will only be taught ONLINE due to Covid-19 pandemic, thus students will not be asked to come to school for the present!!
Haikou University of Economics
No.1001, Haitao Avenue, Guilinyang University Town, Haikou, China
Email address for application and registration:
Ms. Li: 513616253 @qq.com, WeChat: 15181936223
Website of HUE：http://www.hkc.edu.cn
Website of the Office of International Exchange and Cooperation, HUE: http://guojic.qeyuu.cn/
2. 入学第一天缴纳教材费（600元）、保险费（580元-800元）和住宿费。学校提供两种宿舍：1. 学校提供两种宿舍：1.学生宿舍4人间，含卫生间、独立写字台、床、空调、热水器、洗衣机、饮水机、电扇等，费用每人每学年2,800元。2.宾馆式2人标间，费用为每人每学年5,600元，含卫生间、独立写字台、床、大衣柜、空调、热水器、饮水机、电扇，内配敞开式厨房操作台、微波炉。
- Dec 30HUE Signs MOU with Dongse…
- Nov 29HUE Signs MOU with Rambha…
- Nov 18The 23rd Hainan Internati…
- Oct 26Consul General of Cambodi…
Study in Haikou University of Economics:
Contact person: Ms. Li Jun
Office of International Students Affairs